In today’s hot market, bidding wars have become the norm. With many out-of-state buyers and property investors looking for a great deal, all-cash offers are also becoming common.
A cash offer can seem tempting for sellers since it offers the possibility of a faster closing. But despite this perk, cash buyers don’t always win. Many times, they make low offers or demand costly extras, both of which will mean lost cash for the seller.
Want to boost your chances of getting the home you want when competing with cash buyers? Here are some things to consider:
1. Include a preapproval letter. Get your financial documents in order, find a mortgage lender and get preapproved. Additionally, a note from your lender stating that you’re a well-qualified buyer can go a long way.
2. Work with a fast-moving lender. Average closing times vary significantly from lender to lender. Choosing one known for fast transactions shows sellers that you’re willing to move at their pace. Get in touch if you’d like a referral to a trusted lender.
3. Offer more earnest money or a bigger down payment. More money down means you’re serious about purchasing their home, which gives sellers more confidence in your offer.
4. Make an appropriate offer. We’ll discuss local comps to assess the home’s value, allowing you to make a solid bid right off the bat. Low offers are likely to be dismissed without a second glance.
5. Include an escalation clause. If you really like a home, adding an escalation clause opens the door for a dialogue with the seller. More importantly, it shows you’re willing to up the ante if you are outbid.
Are you planning to purchase a new home soon? Get in touch today to discuss the right strategy for your home search.